Applications are now being accepted!
Please find attached the Zero Robotics Program Overview and Application for Participation. The Competition culminates with a live, interactive session of the students' accomplishments being uploaded, critiqued and judged by the Astronauts on the International Space Station. Though both documents provide the particulars, please note the following specifics before submitting the application and committing to participation:
- The program is designed for Middle School students.
- It is a five (5) weekcommitment - June 12 through July 21, 2017.
- Principal/Superintendent approval and support is essential.
- Lead Teacher Training will be centrally located on May 20, 2017. (Exact location TBD shortly after submission of applications.....details to follow.) The training for lead personnel is mandatory, and not optional.
- Participation in two (2) field days to the Marshall Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville or Fort Rucker (The first, during the second week of competition [June 19-23] - The second, during week of August 10th-18thfor the final International Space Station Competition) are not optional. Transportation must be provided - thus, the need for school or CBO leadership support and approval.
Though the commitment is necessary and significant, the reward from student learning and engagement is absolutely phenomenal. Please do not miss this tremendous opportunity for your programs and students!
Please submit your application by Monday, April 10.
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to let us know. Contact State ZR coordinator, Shannon Bales, at firstname.lastname@example.org